There are many participation and volunteer opportunities for parents and families to become involved throughout our preschool year. The volunteer opportunities are flexible enough to meet the skills and schedules of all of our families.
Participation & Volunteer Opportunities:
Parent and Child Transition Day
Back to School night
Native American Festival
Parent Teacher Conferences
End of Year Celebrations
Being a "Mystery Reader"
Planning, preparing and assisting with parties
Assisting with the Saturday Fall Playground Clean-up
Driving and chaperoning for field trips
Sharing a special talent, career, or tradition with the children
We do our very best to keep families informed and to give families the ease
of communicating with the teachers in a variety of ways.
- Monthly calendar denoting the month's thematic plans in Readiness and Art, and Snack requests
- Monthly newsletter with important updates for the upcoming month and information regarding the month prior
- Teacher will escort your child to and from your vehicle each day giving the opportunity for parents to inform teachers and teachers to inform parents of important matters
- Each child receives a personalized Thornbury Preschool tote bag which enables parents and teachers to send important items to and from preschool.
- Emails are sent when information needs to reach parents or teachers in a timely fashion