There are many participation and volunteer opportunities for parents and families to become involved throughout our preschool year. The volunteer opportunities are flexible enough to meet the skills and schedules of all of our families.
Parent and child first day of school orientation
Back to School night
Annual Native American Festival (PreK 4 Program)
Parent Teacher conferences (PreK 4 Program)
Sharing a special talent or your career with the children
Planning, preparing and assisting with parties
Assisting with the Saturday Fall Playground Clean-up
Driving and chaperoning for field trips
Being a “Mystery Reader”
We do our very best to keep families informed and to give families the ease
of communicating with the teachers in a variety of ways.
- Monthly calendar denoting the month's thematic plans in Readiness and Art, and Snack requests
- Monthly newsletter with important updates for the upcoming month and information regarding the month prior
- Teacher will escort your child to and from your vehicle each day giving the opportunity for parents to inform teachers and teachers to inform parents of important matters
- Each child receives a personalized Thornbury Preschool tote bag which enables parents and teachers to send important items to and from preschool.
- Emails are sent when information needs to reach parents or teachers in a timely fashion